What I’m doing (short version): Racing through Lost in an attempt to catch up before the season finale airs and I get spoiled all to hell.
What’s important: I’m so serious about spoilers here guys you don’t even know. Even more than that, it’s so very easy to let spoilers slip even in the most innocuous of statements. So I’m going to ignore all comments made in these Lost posts, at least until I catch up. Don’t let my lack of immediate response stop you from commenting, just don’t expect a reply from me for oh about a month.
Stating the obvious: There are spoilers in this post for any and all events through to the episode I’m making notes about. If you don’t wish to be spoiled, please stop reading now.
And now, my first new Lost episode in about five years.
Thoughts on Lost 2×01: “Man of Science, Man of Faith”
– It starts with an eye. Of COURSE it starts with an eye.
– Boy they are going to some serious lengths to not show us your face, Season 2 Opening Person.
– This is either a very long song or this guy moves at the speed of Flash. He’s getting more shit done in the space of one song than I get done in like a day.
– Suddenly I’m playing Fallout 3.
– How the hell did Locke see a glowing light of ANYTHING given how far away Hatch Guy’s room is from the glass?
– Mike points out that with fresh cherries, Hatch Guy shouldn’t be completely isolated down there. I’m thinking it’s possible there’s a garden room or something.
– And it’s the Plane Sound of Flashback. But I have to give credit where it’s due: it took us what, five whole minutes to get one? That’s four and a half more minutes than I expected.
– Ahh, Jack’s wife. Jack’s Maybe Wife? (“What happened to Jack’s wife” being one of my S1 mystery carry overs.)
– Noo! We can’t lose Vincent! He’s the only thing I like about Shannon!
– Quarantine? Oh of course.
– Seriously has nobody taught this dog “come” and “stay”? You people have been here for like eight months with nothing else to do but eat fruit and have flashbacks.
– Okay, dripping freaky Walt? That’s terrifying.
– And Locke is a grammar nazi too. Oh Locke how I love you. Hurley too. I love you too Hurley.
– Confirmed that Hurley was in the psyche ward. My question is now “why”.
– Hahhah the meteor thing.
– Snerk. “Dr. Shepherd, a word?” Mike: “It’s Doctor HAIR, dad.”
– I suspect a Jack/Locke survivor split is rapidly approaching. I figured that a division would’ve happened about mid-S1, so not particularly surprising. (The repeated use of white/black in S1, particularly where Locke is concerned, is a dangling mystery I’m looking to have solved at some point.) I’m going to guess that the now-hysterial Shannon will break first. Locke’s new Boone maybe? She’s nowhere near as cute.
– Ohhh no it’s Kate. Well there’s a surprise, Kate taking center stage. I still very much wish to punch Kate in the nose. (It should be noted that Kate Hate will almost certainly be a recurring theme with me.)
– So Jack’s Future Maybe Wife was going to be Dirty Selfish Skeezeball’s Future Wife first. I suppose she traded up, but that might very well depend on what the hell happened to her.
– Oh. Well okay that might be enough light to show up through the glass. You win, hatch.
– I don’t suppose I’m fortunate enough for this to be End of Kate. It would, however, by default, cut down on the Kate Hate that would otherwise become a recurring theme.
– Who is this irritating Scottish git? Must I hate EVERY new character they introduce into this show?
– “See you in another life.” Oh shit are YOU in the hatch? God damn you Lost I hate you.
– The graffiti is interesting, so of course they only stay on it for three seconds.
– Hmm, strong magnet. Why Locke’s compass was “obviously defective” from S1? If it’s that strong though, strong enough to affect a compass way up on the surface, then shouldn’t it be fucking up the computer like whoa?
– Jack goes for the keyboard. Mike: “Ask it if it wants to play a game.”
– Crap you ARE the Scottish git aren’t you.
– Yes you are. God DAMMIT Lost.